Thursday, December 8, 2011

(October 26)

The Three A's of Awesome

I've been inspired.

As a quick summary, let me first re-cap what exactly the three A's of Awesome are. They are as follows:

Authenticity
Awareness
Attitude

I agree that these three attributes, if cultivated in a single person, would render one as an AWESOME human being. However, in the spirit of alliteration I would like to offer (drumroll please)...

The Three B's of Bodacious

Having my little brother Kirby on my mind I've chosen to address this blog to him. Appropriate, right? Kir...B! haha

They are as follows:

Bold
Bright
Beautiful

Alright, Kirbs, you know I love you, right? Good! Because, I do love you. As a seventh grader aspiring to the glory of eighth grade I would like to offer you some advice I wish someone would'v given me during my seventh grade year. Here ya' go: Be BOLD, Be BRIGHT, and Be BEAUTIFUL!

First, Be bold! Be willing to make mistakes. Don't worry about what others think of you. I promise you that these people will not be in your life forever. There will come a day when you will get to choose the types of guys that you want to be around. Stand up for what is right! Be Bold because that's what the Savior would want you to do.

Second, Be bright! Study hard and more important than getting a 4.0 is learning how to love to learn. Learn to love the feeling of learning and understanding something new, something you've never learned before. Don't get stressed out when you're confused or don't understand something. Chances are that you'll understand it later. Or, you'll never use it again. Be bright, buddy.

Last, Be Beautiful! Remember to not worry about how you look. Beauty starts in the heart, shines through your eyes, slides down into your smile, and then proceeds to fill the room. Bud, you're handsome, you're strong, you're powerful, and you're a ladies' man! Take it from me, Kirby, what girls like the most isn't a six-pack. They fall in love with someone who sees them as a true daughter of a King - they cling to a priesthood prince who understands how to treat them right. You got that, bud.

Kirby, I love you!

Be Bold!

Be Bright!

Be Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment