Thursday, December 8, 2011

(November 9)

热心!

Passion in Chinese is a very cool word. It is a combination of two characters that mean "hot" and "heart". I LOVE THAT! What is passion? It's a heart on fire! Passion is loving something so much that no matter how bad your day is or how hard things get, this something will fill you up and remind you why you're alive.

Ya' know what?! I'm passionate about passion itself. If I were to pick a favorite passion of mine it would be the act of learning about others passions. I've always been ostracized by some (and sometimes myself) for being too "heavy" in my conversations. Who can blame me? I'm a Chinese Major, Philosophy Minor, and I work at the MTC where I train missionaries on how to learn about others passions and then tell them that they are God's passion. I can't help myself. People are fascinating to me!

Are you a people-watcher? HA! Caught ya'! If you're on my blog, then there's a good chance that you're a people-watcher. Watch their eyes as your fellowman walks past you. Look up! I promise you that the answer to your problems has already been discovered and is trapped somewhere inside of the next person that walks past you. Find your answers in those around you - because frankly, the people around you are usually the answers themselves.

Be passionate! Choose to love without holding back. Be vulnerable in sharing what you are passionate about. Fill the world with a heart on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment