Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Day of Peace; 8 Secrets


Slam! Another door was shut in my face.

"How about the next door?" I optimistically thought to myself. Sure enough... Slam!

Towards the end of my two year mission in Taiwan, where I'd ridden a bike around every day in a shirt and tie on a humid, hot island, I had a couple moments where I looked back at what I'd just done and wondered, "How in the world did I just do that?"

After reading the class blog on http://byuhcscfall2011.wordpress.com/ and personally watching the on-going, inspiring story of Jeremy Gilley and the 8 Secrets to success, I realized that many of the things that helped my mission to be successful were exhibited by them and their messages, as well. It is also the model to which we, as a council, need to adhere.

We need to be PASSIONATE about our message and what we are doing. We need to WORK. We need to do what it takes and learn what we need to learn so that we can get GOOD at what we do. We need to FOCUS during class, throughout the week, and on our tasks. We need to PUSH ourselves. We must love to SERVE and bless the lives of our fellow students. We need to come up with, encourage, and facilitate an environment of IDEAS. Lastly, we must PERSIST through all the c.r.a.p. (criticism, rejection, antagonists, pressure) that we may face.

We will have a successful year! We are committed to doing whatever it takes to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment